GaydarGirls.com Delivers a Wake up Call to UK Porn Industry
Lesbians, bi-sexual and bi-curious women have called on the UK porn industry to start producing films which better cater for their love of voyeurism by showing the female sex scenes and the positions that they really want to see.
According to a survey conducted by the leading lesbian networking portal gaydargirls.com, women like their films to be feminine and sexy, with a something of a plot or storyline and loads of on screen chemistry between the women.
And a whopping 70 per cent said they would buy more porn if the sex was targeted properly at lesbians, which suggests that girl-on-girl porn films could potentially become a massive new spectator sport given a lot more innovation and investment.
GaydarGirls.com surveyed 5,000 women users to canvas their views on pornography, how they currently use it and how they actually want it.
Of those questioned:
• 70.5 per cent said they would buy porn if it were more targeted to a lesbian audience
• 81.7 per cent agreed that there needs to be more porn films which address female needs and are more sensitive to what really turns women on
Commenting on the findings, GaydarGirls spokeswoman Aisha Chaudhry said: “Things are unlikely to change whilst the UK porn industry remains dominated by male American directors who think they know how to scratch our itch. This survey shows that they clearly don’t. So it’s definitely time to make room for more female directors who can make stellar pictures from a female perspective with more of an emphasis on script and performance as well as great sex.”
“With the UK porn industry already worth an estimated £1 billion and women amongst the fastest growing users of porn on the internet, the message to the industry could not be clearer.”
In the GaydarGirls.com survey:
• 71.2 per cent said that they had watched lesbian specifics porn movies
• 79.5 per cent had watched straight and gay male porn
• Nearly a quarter (23.8 per cent) said they used porn to explore their sexual imagination
• Nearly on in four (23.8 per cent) said they used it as sexual stimulation
• 23 per cent said they watched porn with their partners
• 20 per cent said they tended to watch porn movies alone
• 63 per cent said that watching porn gave them more confidence to explore their sexual imaginations
• 68.8 per cent agreed that what stimulates women’s sexual desire differs from what stimulates men’s desire
• 79.8 per cent agreed that there is a difference in what kind of sexual activity women like to see in porn movies compared with men
Insert third party comment here from a female porn director ie Anna Span…………..
So what exactly do women want to see more of?
• 82.2 per cent want plenty of foreplay
• 72.8 per cent want to see oral sex
• 68.8 per cent want more clitoral stimulation
• 59.9 per cent want to see more chemistry and tension between the stars
• 58.3 per cent like to see sex toys
• 54.5 per cent want more of a build up/anticipation in films
Naughty knickers or the rub of rubber? Sexy lingerie (64.1 per cent) was voted the most erotic attire followed by uniforms (57.9 per cent) and then body tattoos (46.7 per cent). Rubber/latex polled the lowest score (10 per cent).
And the sexiest sexual positions were:
• Going down 68.2 per cent
• From behind 55.7 per cent
• Sixty-nine 51.6 per cent
• Sitting on Face 50.3 per cent
Founded in 2002 as part of the Gaydar family of brands, GaydarGirls has 205,000 members in the UK and 300,000 globally. Other services in the group include the personals portal for men, gaydar.co.uk, award-winning GaydarRadio, GaydarMobile and the new social networking portal GaydarNation.com which is currently in Beta.
Back to Press Releases